Wednesday, February 9, 2011

WINTER SQUASH SOUP WITH CHICKEN

Here is another great quick recipe I found in Cooking Light Magazine. I tried it on my family last night and they loved it. I loved it because there is only one pot to clean.




                        INGREDIENTS
1 10-ounce package frozen pureed winter squash
1/2 cup lite coconut milk, (see Tips for Two)
1/2 cup water
8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced
1 6-ounce bag baby spinach
2 teaspoons lime juice
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1/2-1 teaspoon Thai red curry paste
1/4 teaspoon salt

Heat squash, coconut milk and water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the squash defrosts, about 10 minutes. Add chicken, reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Stir in spinach, lime juice, sugar, curry paste to taste and salt and continue cooking until the chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes longer.

My family likes it spicy so I add an extra teaspoon of curry paste.
I also double the recipe.
Serve with a good semolina bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment